Wednesday, November 16, 2011

ommmmmmmm babies!

Tonight I went to a Yoga for Fertility class and it was really refreshing. I left feeling centered and my hips are feeling fantastic. You might ask, um why are YOU attending that class? Well since you asked.... I like to get perspective, and also to get some good baby vibes and send them Katies way. Tonight, the intention of my practice was to channel my very excited racing mind, and focus on only the positive with this process. Being a known donor is a completely different feeling, and it's hard to explain, but I feel more of a connection, more pressure, now that their is a face to who I'm helping, it's so much more personal and I just want it to all work!

For this exact reason, yoga is so valuable. Not just mentally but also physically. I'll get to the physical later but mentally it helps calm my mind. I also like to think that what I put out in the universe, thoughts and actions, work themselves out somehow. If you think negative thoughts, well that's what you're going to get. So negative thoughts, sorry but I'll have to politely ask you to leave and shut the door behind you. Anyways, while we were on the mat and calming our breathe our teacher reminded us to think solely of our intentions and let light shine into our hearts and all  I could imagine as silly as this sounds is a bright light shining through my heart and a very happy big bellied Katie. Those are my intentions that I am putting out to the universe and if you can hear me, that would be awesome.

I will continue to attend my yoga classes and keep channeling my happy thoughts. I love yoga, especially at this studio, I go to YogahOMe here in Cincinnati, and it's crazy how amazing you feel after, only downfall.... most of the classes available are hot classes, which starting the 25th - the transfer date I'm not allowed to take :( like I said last post, no cooking the eggs, so that includes hot baths, hot tubs, saunas and hot yoga. So I will make sure to attend the prenatal classes, the yoga for fertility classes and also get in a few meditation classes... The meditation class is what really helps come egg retrieval time. The other classes help, but meditation REALLY helps me control my thoughts and body. And this includes pain tolerance. I think it's because I better regulate my breath and your breath controls everything! It helps from the start, see egg retrial day is very exciting and honestly what it really helps with is the actual retrieval. It's a BIT of a sting and a little yoga breathing makes a WORLD of difference. So yoga, I'm here to stay and a big fan of our relationship. Can't wait for our date tomorrow night! Hot Yoga here I come, well, until Thanksgiving!

Shanti Shanti Shanti Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment