Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Eggcelent News!

Sorry for the delay, but Sunday night I was feeling absolutly horrible... On an off tears and so my blog post was very short. Not only did my stomach kill, but I was very sensitive, all of me. I must have been such a joy for the bf. NOT. Since I felt so horrible, we ended up spending the evening watching Harry Potter the last 2 movies !! :) Every time I feel bad I love watching those movies lol... I couldn't sleep for a few reasons: I felt miserable, I wanted to finally see the last HP which is liek 2 hours and I was a bit nervous. I wasn't nervous at all for the first one and heck, I didn't even take the valium, but this time was different....

I was nervous because it's now so personal, and I didn't know how many eggs or how big they would be on the day of the retrieval.... So I toss and turn all night and eventually got a text from Katie at like 4:45 lol so excited. And I was like dead lol but still excited. My alarm went off at 5:45 and I made sure to take my valium at 6:15. We arrived at IRH a few minutes early, and right at 6:45 we were in the building!

I was welcomed at the front by Katie my nurse (weird, I know) and the fun began. She tried to get the IV in my arm but nothing, yay for useless pokes... After the wiggling and giggling with no responce we moved to my hand. Woo hoo it worked, but geeze it hurt. I was feeling good, at first I was like, I don't even get the point of Valium until a little while later. So once that was completed, they moved me into the room where the procedure took place. You feel a touch awkward because then they move you to the bed, your feet are up in the sturups and your ass is just hanging off the bed lol, a blanket is placed over you but still haha it's weird. However, at this point not much is weird... Dr. S was a little late due to the weather but in a wonderful mood no less. He came and greeted me, I remember this, but after that it's all a blur. Last time I did this, I remember staying awak and talking to Dr.S but I think thanks to the Valuim I was out!

Next thing I know, I'm being push back into my little resting area and the bf was there waiting all smiles... I got some juice and a sprite because I felt a little nauseous and then the hickups ahhaha which made me and the nurses laugh out loud.... Katie (nurse) asked me if I needed anything else then proceeded to ask my bf if I was this easy to deal with at home and he chuckled... LOL

While we were still there I made sure to ask how it all went and how many they got, Dr. A thought I might make 1 more and end up with 12 but HA proved him wrong~ they were able to retreive 18 healthy eggs!!!! Good in size (which is most important) THIS is why I was in such pain.... but it really was all worth it. The bf helped me get dressed, and then we headed to Busken :)!! Finally allowed to eat, I enjoyed every last bite! At last we were home and once again the bf helped me get changed and I was on the couch for good. The vicodin worked wonders as I was super sore, but it also made me really nauesous. blah... My bf had to leave as he doesn't live in the city and had to get back for work and my dad came and brought me dinner and cookies! I love my support system.

As of today, I'm back at work, still really sore but good... Things are looking REALLY really good for Katie and Pat  and I'm so excited I was able to help.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! You truly are amazing and we are so blessed that you are in our lives. :)

    ReplyDelete